Hello! Right, as I tweeted earlier this week (@daniellestacey1- follow me!) I haven’t abandoned my little blog, I feel that we’d just started to get into routine and then I’ve gone a bit off the radar. Meh. It’s all because of a good reason though because I’ve just started a new role at The Mirror as a Social Media Assistant, yes I’ve gone to the ‘dark side’ with digital but I’m loving being able to learn more about something that I’m passionate about!
Anyways, before I go off again into my happy bubble, it’s time to recap on my 25 Things to do Before I’m 25 post that I put up in January. It’s a little over the halfway point but a girl’s gotta sleep! I haven’t looked at how many of these I’ve actually done before writing this post so by the end I’ll either pat myself on the back or tell myself to up my game.
- Visit Paris – its on the cards for October hooray!
Take on another sporting challenge-I raised £260 for my Canary Wharf run back in May hooray!
- Camp at a music festival- In my defence, you couldn’t camp at the Great Escape festival. So there.
Get more work publishedReviews in the Sunday Mirror and an exclusive. Boom.
- Visit somewhere in the UK I’ve never been- Hmm…I haven’t ventured far from Essex and the City sadly.
Try different foods (Big step for a fussy-eater!)This one’s a work-in-progress but I’m getting there!
- Cook dinner for my family- Does scrambled egg on toast count?!
- Finish a TV boxset- Halfway through Breaking Bad, no spoilers please!
Start saving for the futureGetting there but not enough for a riverside apartment sadly! Have two mad nights out in a row or go out on a school-night (Deal with the aftermath without complaint)Done! But I did complain a little! Experiment more with my personal style (Note to self: You can’t live in floral dresses forever)Crop-tops aren’t just for size 8s and midi-skirts aren’t just for Grannies. Huzzah.
- Host a charity event- Hoping to do Macmillan Coffee morning in September
Create a collage/photo album of “My Life 18-25″-Have started this and need to update it so I can use it for comedic reasons later in life. Move forward in my career
- Learn a new skill or take up a short course- Yeaaaaah, I really should learn to cook!
- Stop worrying incessantly about EVERYTHING! Just STOP.- Ha! As if that was ever gonna happen!
Develop and be consistent with my blogHa! Up until this point.
- Face my fear of public speaking- I did get out of doing a presentation at a conference. Oops.
- Buy a newer car- I can’t face getting rid of Bella Fiesta
Visit more of London’s landmarksI’ve had a fair few jaunts around the capital this year. Learn when to say “NO.” You can’t always be Super Girl I haven’t beat myself up as much when I can’t do something, probably because I’m too tired to! Be a bit more impulsiveI jumped on a Boris bike and drove through Brick Lane? How impulsive do I have to be?! I’m an OCD organised kind of gal
- Start writing short stories again – Find me the 25th hour in the day and I might consider this…
Tick more bands off my Live Gig listArcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys, Kaiser Chiefs, Wild Beasts to name but a fair blimmin’ few!
- Be happy with where I am in life and enjoy living in the moment- I’m not going to cross this one off because its important to always do this!
So there you have, I’m probably halfway through my list, so hopefully I’ll be a well-accomplished 25 year-old although you never stop learning of course!