I love doing these posts so much that I’ve decided I’m going to do them on a monthly basis…lucky you! Anyways in light of childhood memories and nostalgia, this one is for all girly girls with a scruffy tom-boy post that we like to forget…
1. Your mother couldn’t get you out of tracksuit bottoms, even on special occasions, there’s even photos of you looking like Mel C at a wedding reception. Oh dear.
2. You thought dance classes, gymnastics and netball were “girls sports,” and you still bear the scars of running around a football pitch getting booted by 10 year old boys. Ouch.
3. You thought boys were disgusting human beings and if you were accused of having a crush on one of your boy mates, you’d then make it your mission to be as horrible as possible to them.
4. As a result of the above, girly girls thought you were a ‘les’ and even certain family members questioned you…it was all an act guys gheez!
5. You still have no idea how to do a french plait or cart-wheel or one of those complicated ‘clap-your-hands-and-sing’ routines. Your future daughters are screwed.
6. You vowed that you would wear Converse with your prom dress but thankfully to your mother’s delight, by the time you were 16, you found your inner girliness.
7. You hate every single photo of yourself pre-girliness and pray that no one will upload a pic of your 14 year-old self in your Real Madrid football shirt with no make-up and braces to Facebook. Fit.
8. You didn’t wear make-up until you were 15 and your hair was constantly in a pony-tail- getting ready in the mornings was effortless…
9. If you made an attempt at being girly and your family noticed = life over. You needed to get your dress dirty and go beat up a boy to reinstate things.
10. From time to time your tom-boy past comes into its use, y’know with things like football but you pretend you’re far too engrossed in Elle magazine to care these days…